I’m not sure why we’re so obsessed with brunch. Maybe we’re too lazy to get up at a suitable time for breakfast or maybe our generation has watched one too many episodes of Gossip Girl. Regardless, I am about this brunch life. I love that it’s socially acceptable to drink at 11:00 AM and breakfast food is my jam (HAH look at that pun, Mom). With that being said, we here at OM headquarters had a brunch of our own today and modeling said brunch is the ever-lovely Tyler Nicole Brockington:
To make making brunch affordable, have your friends make something and bring it over! No need to pay for everyone. Today, my brunch contribution was a bacon, egg & cheese basket. These are perfect for brunch because they’re filling and bite-sized. Isn’t it s’cute?!? Check the recipe below to make your next brunch radder than heaven itself.
Egg, Cheese, & Bacon Basket
1 6-Compartment Muffin Pan
1 lb Bacon (3 strips for each basket)
4 Slices of Cheese (your choice! I went with Provolone)
1 Avocado (Optional)
Paprika (Optional – get creative with seasonings!)
Sriracha Sauce (Optional)
1.Preheat the oven to 350 degrees
2. Fry bacon slices in skillet (about 3 per muffin compartment)
3. Arrange bacon, once cooked, in an X shape in the compartment, make a ring with the last strip of bacon.
4. Sprinkle cheese in the bottom of the basket
5. Crack egg in basket
6. Sprinkle desired spices and cheese on top
7. Repeat steps 1-6 for each compartment
8. Once finished completing your baskets, bake for 20 minutes.
9. Top baskets with diced avocado and sriracha sauce if you want & enjoy!