We all know what a mid-life crisis looks like. A man in his mid-40’s buys a ridiculous sports car or a woman tries to be the “cool mom.” If you’re still confused, please refer to Kevin Spacey in American Beauty and Amy Poehler in Mean Girls.
But, if you’re like me, looking college graduation right in the face and questioning every life decision you’ve ever made ever; then you, my friend, are smack-dab in the middle of a quarter life crisis. I made this realization on February 19, 2015 at approximately 11:55pm (see tweet below for reference). Using this knowledge, I’ve put together a series of gifts depicting the signs that you’re experiencing a life crisis explained in GIFs (the voice of our generation).
1. You can’t sleep at night because you’re drowning in your thoughts
Instead you think of the impending doom that is your future.
2. When all you actually want to do is sleep
Nap time is the best time.
3. You think about dropping out because that’s way better than this
50 Shades of Over It: Coming to a College Campus Near You.
4. You think about changing your major even though it’s too late
“Maybe I should be a business major… that’s practical.”
5. You doubt the career path you’ve chosen
Time to join the circus.
6. When asked what you want to do with your life and you just:
“What are you going to do with your degree?”
“… My liberal arts education has made me well-versed in a variety of subjects.”
7. You become overwhelmed with everything you have on your plate
It’s nothing a simple table flip can’t fix.
8.You cry… a lot
My professors are, like, being SO rude right now.
9. You aren’t motivated to do much of anything anymore
This will look great on my résumé.
10. You experience major FOMO and Facebook envy
Everyone’s getting married and I watched 6 hours of Netflix today. How grand.
No matter how hopeless you feel, just remember you aren’t alone and you will figure it out… eventually. Despite contrary belief, you don’t have to have it all figured out by 22. The best course of action is to trust your gut and believe that everything will fall into place.
Stay gold. -Alex